Call for Innovation 2020 Highlights
Top 3 Winners:
- 1st Place: WAC-APP: App to Explore the Impacts of Coastal Interventions by HKV-UNESCO-DELFT Institute.
- 2nd Place: Trans-Sand: Transnational Bypass Scheme Funded by a Public-Private Dredging Fund by Egis-Deltares-Financeforimpact.
- 3rd Place: SA-POD: Systems Approach for Port Development by WITTEVEEN, CDR, BOSKALIS, PENAF, WETLANDS.
Top 5 - Shortlisted Solutions
- Trans-Sand: a transnational by-passing scheme funded by a public- private dredging fund.
- Wac-app: explore impacts of coastal interventions.
- Besand: the blue energy sand-bypass system.
- Coastalprotect Africa: multi-purpose technology for an integrated solution to coastal erosion and sediment management for west africa.
- Sa-Pod: systems approach for port development.
Please find the presentations for the top three solutions:
Combine One-page Proposals
Please find all combined one-page proposals for this Call for Innovation here
Click here for more information on this Closed Call for Innovation.
Innovation Process Updates
The WACA team is currently reviewing the winning proposals’ road maps, to highlight potential implementation barriers and required enabling actions. Updates will be provided in this section.